Hardfacing MIG Wire
1 to 2 of 2 results
CRC is a premium quality hardfacing 'MIG' wire for components subject to severe abrasion and low to moderate impact loading. Gasless (self-shielded) flux-cored wire, for ease of use in the field or in the workshop. Commonly used for ground-engaging applications, such as points, tynes, rippers, bucket lips & teeth, cutters, etc. Available in 1.2mm x 15kg, 1.2mm x 5kg & 1.6mm x 15kg.
A high-performance yet very versatile and easy-to-use hard-facing MIG welding wire. Being a solid wire, PLATINUM SD-980 is easy to apply and is all-positional. Ideal for applications where high abrasion resistance is required - especially when accompanied by shocks and blows. The weld can handle abrasion, moderate impact and metal-to-metal wear. Commonly used on excavator buckets and teeth, screws and augers, tracks, crushing jaws/wheels, etc. Available in 1.2mm in 15kg or 4.5kg spools. Requires minimum 120 amps. Use with Ar+CO2 mixed gas.
Hardfacing MIG Wire - Solid or Gasless?
Here's a quick run-down of the Pros & Cons!
CrC Gasless Flux-Cored Hardfacing Wire
- No gas required, convenient application in the field or in workshop
- High Cr content (27%) for high to extreme abrasion resistance & long wear life
- Moderate impact resistance
- Available in 1.2mm, 5kg or 15kg spools (also 1.6mm 15kg)
- Horizontal or down-hand position application only
- Not recommended for high-impact applications
Amperage Parameters (approx): 120A - 200A (1.2mm)
Platinum SD-980 Solid Hardfacing Wire (use with gas)
- Easy to use
- All-positional (suitable for horizontal, vertical & overhead application)
- Combination of good abrasion resistance with moderate impact resistance
- Good choice for abrasive wear where shocks and blow will occur
- Also suitable for metal-to-metal applications
- Available in 1.2mm, 4.5kg and 15kg spools
- Requires shielding gas (Ar+Co2 mix) - may not be best choice for application in windy environments
- Not the best choice for ver-high / extreme abrasion applications with low (or zero) impact. While SD-980 will handle abrasion at all levels, CrC wire offers a longer wear life against high abrasion.
Amperage Parameters (approx): 120A - 270A (1.2mm)