Hardfacing MIG Wire
Hardfacing MIG Wire - Solid or Gasless?
Here's a quick run-down of the Pros & Cons!
CrC Gasless Flux-Cored Hardfacing Wire
- No gas required, convenient application in the field or in workshop
- High Cr content (27%) for high to extreme abrasion resistance & long wear life
- Moderate impact resistance
- Available in 5kg & 15kg spools
- Horizontal or down-hand position application only
- Not recommended for high-impact applications
Platinum SD-980 Solid Hardfacing Wire
- Easy to use
- All-positional (suitable for horizontal, vertical & overhead application)
- Combination of good abrasion resistance with moderate impact resistance
- Good choice for abrasive wear where shocks and blow will occur
- Also suitable for metal-to-metal applications
- Requires shielding gas (Ar+Co2 mix) - may not be best choice for application in windy environments
- Not the best choice for ver-high / extreme abrasion applications with low (or zero) impact. While SD-980 will handle abrasion at all levels, CrC wire offers a longer wear life against high abrasion.