Hardfacing MIG Wire
Weldclass hardfacing MIG welding Wires are used across Australia in agricultural, earthmoving, mining and other applications. Includes both gasless and solid hardfacing wires, for a range of metal-to-earth & metal-to-metal wear applications.
Available from your local Weldclass distributor.
CRC is a premium quality hardfacing 'MIG' wire for components subject to high abrasion and low to moderate impact loading. Gasless (self-shielded) flux-cored wire, for ease of use in the field or in the workshop. Commonly used for ground-engaging applications, such as points, tynes, rippers, bucket lips & teeth, cutters, etc. Available in 1.2mm x 15kg, 1.2mm x 5kg & 1.6mm x 15kg.
SD-980 hard-facing MIG welding wire is a versatile and easy-to-use "all-rounder". Being a solid wire, PLATINUM SD-980 is easy to apply and is all-positional. Ideal for applications where abrasion resistance is required, and especially when accompanied by shocks and blows. The weld can handle abrasion, moderate-to-high impact and metal-to-metal wear. Commonly used on excavator buckets and teeth, screws and augers, tracks, crushing jaws/wheels, etc. Available in 1.2mm in 15kg or 4.5kg spools. Requires minimum 120 amps. Use with Ar+CO2 mixed gas.
Hardfacing MIG Wire - Solid or Gasless?
Here's a quick run-down of the Pros & Cons!
CrC Gasless Flux-Cored Hardfacing Wire
- No gas required, convenient application in the field or in workshop
- High Cr (chromium) content (27%) for high abrasion resistance
- Longer wear / service life and less frequent applications in medium-to-higher abrasion applications, such as sandy soil
- Low-to-Moderate impact resistance
- Available in 1.2mm, 5kg or 15kg spools (also 1.6mm 15kg)
- Horizontal or down-hand position application only (not recommended for vertial or overhead welding positions)
- Not recommended for higher impact applications
Amperage Parameters (approx): 120A - 200A (1.2mm)
Platinum SD-980 Solid Hardfacing Wire (use with gas)
- Easy to use
- All-positional (suitable for horizontal, vertical & overhead application)
- Combination of good abrasion resistance with high impact resistance
- Good choice for abrasive wear where shocks and blows will occur
- Also suitable for metal-to-metal applications
- Available in 1.2mm, 4.5kg and 15kg spools
- Requires shielding gas (Ar+Co2 mix) - may not be best choice for application in windy environments
- Not the best choice for high-to-extreme abrasion applications, for example sandy soils. While SD-980 will handle abrasion at all levels, CrC will offer longer wear / service life and less-frequent applications.
Amperage Parameters (approx): 120A - 270A (1.2mm)