Introducing PLATINUM 16XT Welding Electrodes
The Hydrogen-controlled ('low hydrogen'), Twin-Coated welding rod with unique features!
Twin Flux Coating =
- Smooth & stable arc
- Easy striking
- Low spatter
- Easy slag removal
- All positional (except for vertical down)
Hydrogen Controlled E7016 Classification =
- For mild & high strength steels up to 510 Mpa
- Commonly used where joint strength is required to be higher than regular / general purpose electrodes
- Often refered to as "Low hydrogen"*
- Highly restrained joints
- Heavy equipment maintenance & fabrication
- Rural maintenance
- Structural steel & site welding
- Pipes, Boilers & Pressure Vessels
- Single-sided weld joints
- Build up or buffer layer prior to hard facing
X-ray quality welds =
- Excellent crack resistance
- Good impact strength (tested to -30oC low temperature impact)
- Great weld appearance
2kg Packs Vacuum-Sealed in Foil =
- Superior to plastic wrap
- Keeps moisture out, right up to the point of use
- Smaller pack reduces waste & minimises exposure to atmospheric humidity
Why minimise exposure to air ?
- Air contains moisture (humidity)
- If exposed to air, electrodes will absorb moisture
- This inceases hydrogen levels in the electrode (water 'H2O' contains hydrogen 'H')
- Increased hydrogen compromises the strength & mechanical properties of the weld
- Moisture can also negatively affect the arc characteristics & performance of the electrode
Available today… from a Weldclass distributor near you!
Disclaimer: While all care has been taken, Weldclass accepts no responsibility for any inaccuracies, errors or omissions in the content of this webpage or in any attachments. The information given is of a general nature only and does not take into account the specific circumstances of any individual application, person or organisation. Some information given may reflect the personal opinion of an individual. All product specifications are subject to change without notice. Any comments regarding the intended or suggested application for any product is for general description and identification purposes only. It is the sole responsibility of the user and/or owner and/or purchaser to select the appropriate product for their intended purpose and to ensure that the product selected is capable of performing correctly and safely in the intended application. E.&O.E. *Low hydrogen is not the technically correct description for this product - refer to product data sheet for specific information on hydrogen status and classifications.
Please note: Spam comments (or attempts to create backlinks) will be DELETED and will NOT be published.